At Prudent Publishing Company ("The Company"), we believe it is important to protect and respect the privacy of our customers and guests. We know that you care about how your personal information is collected, updated, used and shared; and we want you to make knowledgeable choices about the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Statement describes our policies and practices in the areas of: Notice, Consent, Access, Security, and Enforcement.
General. We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you ("Personal Information"). Generally this information is requested when you apply for employment, place an order for our products, or when you contact us for information. We use your Personal Information for the following primary purposes:
- To facilitate your orders of our products.
- To respond to your request or application for hiring purposes.
- To make our website (the "Site") easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly find information on the Site.
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from our company.
Collected Information. The Company may collect information from you in several different ways including the following:
Employment Applications; Orders; Catalog Requests; Sample Requests; and Other Inquiries.
- Site Usage. The Company may monitor your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address) relating to your use of the Site and/or Services and log this information. This information may be used to diagnose Site technical problems, or problems with your account.
- Opt Out. You have a choice about how your browsing behavior is monitored. Consult your browser Help menu to learn more about how you can configure your browser software to notify you when your computer receives a new cookie. Note that you may also be able to configure your browser to disable the creation of cookies entirely (although your full interactive use of the Site may be adversely impacted if you do this. For example, you may not be able to place on-line orders for our products. You can use the below link to opt out of the third party cookies that collect your information (name, address, and purchasing behavior):
- DISCLOSURE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Information from the Site. The Company will never disclose to non-affiliated third parties, without your prior approval, your e-mail address, phone number, educational and employment background, CV, resume and job qualifications, credit card information, site usage, or site preferences that we collect via the Site. However, we reserve the right to outsource certain activities such as shipping and credit card processing to our business partners. In such case, we will disclose to these business partners only such information as is required to facilitate your transactions, and we will make every effort to have our business partners protect and refrain from disclosing your information to other third parties. Further, The Company will cooperate with official law enforcement inquiries, such as fraud investigations and subpoenas, and will disclose your information when necessary to comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Information Disclosed for Direct Marketing. The Company occasionally makes our customers' physical mailing addresses available to a few carefully screened companies whose products or services may interest our clients. We believe participation is our customers' choice so all ordering customers are offered the option to prevent personal information from being disclosed; and a cost free means of exercising this option is always provided either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us toll-free 1-800-950-7064. We do not share information of any sort gathered from those who do not place an order.
The Company takes commercially reasonable steps to protect the security of your Personal Information, and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction both online and off-line. To the extent that you are asked to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) online at the Site, that information is protected from access by any third parties using commercial practices prevalent within the online industry (e.g., Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology). When such security technology is used, depending on your browser software, you will be notified by various means such as by the "lock" icon located at the bottom the Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer screens.
If for some reason you believe The Company has not adhered to the principles of this Privacy Statement, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com, and we will do our best to determine and correct the problem promptly.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Links. The Site may contain links to other sites, however, please be aware that The Company is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site, and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by the Prudent Publishing Site.
Back To Top